sexta-feira, 25 de março de 2011

Winners and whiners differences

«QBQ». This is a book. I’m reading it. Means «The Question Behind the Question». The basic idea is «begin with «What» or «How», not «Why», «When» or «Who». Let’s highlight the meaning.

Many people, a lot, blame everything around, not taking responsibility for what happen to them. So, one of the solutions for this kind of disease is changing the way of making questions. So, «How can I do my job better today?»; «What can I do to improve the situation?»; «How can I support others?»

The book’s author, John G. Miller, writes something amazing like this: «(…) The CEO blames the vice president, who blames the manager, who blames the employee, who blames the customer, who blames the government, who blames the people, who blame the politicians, who blame the schools, who blame the parents, who blame the teen, who blames the dad, who blames the mom, who blames her manager, who blames the vice president, who blames the CEO, and on and on it goes. This is the “Circle of Blame”, and it would be kind of funny if it weren’t so true».

Facing this reality, Miller’s proposal is simple. Make questions like «What can I do today to solve the problem?»; «How can I help move the project forward?»; «What action can I take to “own” the situation?»